Five Tips For Building And Maintaining Confidence
Learn More »
This article emphasizes the importance of confidence, defined as one's belief in one's ability to successfully execute a specific task. It also reveals common misconceptions about confidence and elaborates on these five tips:
- Stop trying to feel confident and start "thinking" confident.
- Take ownership of your confidence and devise strategies that make confidence on competition day an expectation rather than a hope.
- There are many different types of confidence that underpin your overall confidence. Understand and develop these types of confidence and overall confidence will take care of itself.
- Understand where your confidence comes from. Once your sources of confidence are understood, then you can begin to take more ownership over your overall confidence.
- Whenever seeking to build overall confidence it is best to start at the bottom and work up. This is achieved by targeting sources of confidence rather than overall confidence.
The article is housed at BelievePerform.com, which collects articles on sports psychology.