Positive Reinforcement: The Emotional Tank Toolkit For Coaches
Take A Course »
When people receive positivity and feel good about themselves, they are more equipped to deal with the ups and downs of work, sport and life. That’s why Positive Coaching Alliance trains coaches to be Emotional Tank Fillers. Athletes will perform better and be more receptive to feedback if they have full emotional tanks.
The toolkit found in the excerpt below outlines nine ways coaches can become tank-fillers, thus also helping their athletes develop leadership skills to make their teammate better through tank-filling. These nine ways, described in detail in the PDF, are:
- Model and teach the importance of filling emotional tanks
- Use the buddy system to help your players become tank-fillers
- Develop player-coaches
- Inject positive energy with the two-minute drill
- Turn kids around with player of the day
- Vary the pace with fun
- Use positive charting to get more of the behavior you want
- Give receivable feedback with kid-friendly criticism
- End games with a winner’s circle
These books are used in PCA’s live workshops. To learn more about our interactive coach workshops, click here.